Staffed with multiple, well-trained Workstation Operators (at least 2 on every shift) and a Supervisor on each shift, the Operations Center receives close to 125,000 calls each year ranging from routine work requests for HVAC, electrical and plumbing issues to facility-related emergencies such as fires, floods or elevator entrapments. In addition, the Operations Center:
- Serves as a communications center during certain campus-wide emergencies.
- Initiates work requests and logs all calls and requests for service. The University Operations Center Daily News and Auto-Email system is a daily log of all calls and critical alarms for campus buildings that can be customized by call priority and building.
- Maintains an online contact and building procedures database known as FINS (Facilities Incident Notification System). Facility managers can update and create building specific protocols for a wide-variety of building related incidents.
- Maintains a DigSafe notification system for emergency and non-emergency DigSafe requests.
- Phone: 617-495-5560
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org